The Church of San Simeon Piccolo or Santi Simone and Giuda Apostoli (Church of Saints Simeon and St. Jude) is a Roman Catholic church in Venice, Italy. It has been administered since 2006 by the priests of the priestly fraternity Saint-Pierre who celebrate the rite in Latin in agreement with the patriarch of Venice, Cardinal Scola. It is one of the most famous churches in Venice due to its location on the Grand Canal and the quality of its celebrations.
A first church was built in the ninth century, rebuilt in the eighteenth century and consecrated on 27 April 1738 by Bishop Gaspare Negri, Bishop of Cittanova in Istria, former priest of this church. It was an independent parish until the end of the nineteenth century, when it became a subsidiary of the parish church Saint-Siméon-le-Grand. The anniversary of his patron saints is October 28 and the dedication of the church on April 27.
She was assigned in 2006 to the priestly fraternity Saint-Pierre by Cardinal Scola. The latter attends a pontifical mass in the church celebrated in the extraordinary form of the Roman rite by Fr. Konrad zu Löwenstein, fssp, on March 6, 2010. It is rebuilt from 1718 by Giovanni Antonio Scalfarotto. The portico was inspired by the Pantheon of Rome and its elegant dome by the Santa Maria della Salute church in Longhena. The top of the lantern is surmounted by a statue of Christ the Redeemer. Circular in plan, it is a notable example of neoclassical Venetian architecture.© Photo of Emmanuel Buchot
Photos of European countries to visit
Photos of Asian countries to visit
Photos of America