The Beautiful Fountain (German Der Schöne Brunnen) is a Gothic Nuremberg monument located in the central market, next to the Nuremberg Church. It was built by Heinrich Beheim from 1385 to 1396. Decorated with 40 carved and painted figures, it is 19 meters high.
The current fountain is a copy, installed in 1912, of the original monument, which had already been restored several times. Protected by a concrete box, it resisted the Allied bombing of the Second World War. A brass ring placed in the protective grid of the monument has the reputation of being a lucky charm if touched. © Photo of Emmanuel Buchot
Photos of European countries to visit
Photos of Asian countries to visit
Photos of America