The Church of Our Lady Nuremberg (German: Frauenkirche) is a church in the city of Nuremberg located on the market square (Hauptmarkt), opposite the Belle Fontaine. She is assigned to Catholic worship. It is the parish church of the city of Nuremberg.
It was built on the impulse of Emperor Charles IV at the time of the family Speaking between 1352 and 1362 and consecrated in 1358. It is a hall-church with three times three spans. A vestibule is attached to the west side, on the market side. To the east, the nave ends with a two-span choir. The west pediment has an outer tabernacle of Adam Kraft from 1509 for an astronomical clock called Männleinlaufen and is still in use. Many high quality sculptures, although strongly restored, date from the time of the construction around 1360. Inside the Frauenkirche, many works of art from the Middle Ages have passed the ages. A number of them, however, were not placed there until the nineteenth century, because before the church had been used for centuries for Protestant worship. Thus, the altar of the family Tucher (de) dating from around 1440-1450 comes from the church of Augustins demolished, as the sandstone epitaph of Adam Kraft's Peringsdörff family dating from 1498. © Photo of Emmanuel Buchot
Photos of European countries to visit
Photos of Asian countries to visit
Photos of America