The St. Sebalduskirche in St. Sebald Kirche or Sebalduskirche is a late Middle Ages church, named after a hermit named Sebald who lived in the Nuremberg area around the eighth century. With the Notre-Dame church and the Saint-Laurent church, it is one of the city's outstanding denominational buildings. It is located on the way from the market place to the castle, near the town hall. The interior furniture is remarkable for its richness. Since the reform, the Saint-Sébald church is, with the church Saint-Laurent, one of the two large Protestant churches of the city. Both are owned by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria.
The church of St. Sebald is a large composite building that preserves Romanesque characters in the western choir with two slender towers, with the typical characteristics of the western massif; and late Gothic forms in the splendid oriental choir, supported by powerful pillars, with large lancet windows garnished with stained glass windows. As it has two choirs, the entrances are mainly by the side façades. The west choir is flanked by two small doors, to the north the Heiber gate, named after the Nuremberg sculptor Heinz Heiber (1928-2003) who created, in a Romanesque acre, a tympanum and a contemporary door between 1988 and 1991, and to the south the Saint Helena Gate, whose tympanum created in 1506 by Adam Kraft relates the discovery of the True Cross by Helen, mother of the Emperor Constantine, in the circumstances described in the Golden Legend. © Photo of Emmanuel Buchot
Photos of European countries to visit
Photos of Asian countries to visit
Photos of America